July28 176-38
It is very hot today and as you can see I've lost 2 pounds on the juice fast. Is it water weight? I don't think so cause I've been losing weight steadily for the last 3 years. Surprisingly I am not even hungry and have had way less cravings. I even cooked the kids lunch today and didn't feel one stomach pinch!
We have not heard from Terry for 2 days. After the letter from his Mom to 'please get Terry to think about his health' I am really worried. Sadly Terry is one of those :You'll see me when I get back: type of people and we just have to pretend we don't care that he doesn't care, and not feel like he's forgotten us. We'll be happy to see him on Sunday, right?
Floyd Landis really has me insane. I want to believe in him. He reminds me of Terry in that if he really wants something he goes and gets it, but other times he let's me down. Funny huh?
Steffi caught a bag of popcorn on fire!!!!!! We need a new microwave.
10pm Today is almost over, yeah. I've done good on my juice fast, even cooked the kids chicken and rice for dinner. It smelled so good I was so tempted to grab some. I'm glad I forgot to cook the corn, the smell of corn cooking would have done me in. The kids enjoyed dinner and I drank juice. Stephanie and I watched a movie named Save the Last Dance. Good movie to watch with her about young love and dancing and reaching your dreams even when you think you can't. Nate and Jessica stopped by on their way to the movies. They were going to see Monster House. I wonder how it went. Nick has been playing on the computer all day but he did do his chores and bring out his laundry. He's going to miss the computer when school starts. Yesterday it rained and today it was too hot to go to the park, boo.
I was craving something spicy and fried so bad today and remembered something my ex mother in law used to cook but could not remember the name of the recipe. Luckily my friend Tommie knew what it was, it's Scrapple.
2 cups pork, cooked and diced finely (but not ground as is usual)
3 quarts of broth from cooked meat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sage
1/8 teaspoon marjoram
Freshly ground pepper
3 cups cornmeal
1 cup barley
Boil pork in 4 quarts water; drain (keeping 3 quarts of broth). Chop meat, but do not make it too fine. Bring reserved broth to a boil and add seasonings. Stir cornmeal and barley into boiling mixture along with the meat. Cook slowly in a heavy pot for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into loaf pans and chill. When cold, slice 1/4-inch slices and fry in hot fat until quite brown and crisp (most scrapple is not crisp enough). Serve with tomato sauce and Blue Flower Omelet or alone with maple syrup.
Doesn't sound too healthy but I have the fried food craving thing going on. We rarely ever eat fried food, maybe I'm remembering when I was a teenager and Gramma used to fry coffee cake slices in bacon grease for me. That was some sort of comfort food and I'm in a comfort food sort of mood. She spoiled me so much and I never gained a pound.
After the movie I sorted laundry and put a load of socks in to soak overnight. We have tons of laundry to do and Casey is coming over tomorrow. So we will be busy.
Time for bed and bath.
Goodnight
We have not heard from Terry for 2 days. After the letter from his Mom to 'please get Terry to think about his health' I am really worried. Sadly Terry is one of those :You'll see me when I get back: type of people and we just have to pretend we don't care that he doesn't care, and not feel like he's forgotten us. We'll be happy to see him on Sunday, right?
Floyd Landis really has me insane. I want to believe in him. He reminds me of Terry in that if he really wants something he goes and gets it, but other times he let's me down. Funny huh?
Steffi caught a bag of popcorn on fire!!!!!! We need a new microwave.
10pm Today is almost over, yeah. I've done good on my juice fast, even cooked the kids chicken and rice for dinner. It smelled so good I was so tempted to grab some. I'm glad I forgot to cook the corn, the smell of corn cooking would have done me in. The kids enjoyed dinner and I drank juice. Stephanie and I watched a movie named Save the Last Dance. Good movie to watch with her about young love and dancing and reaching your dreams even when you think you can't. Nate and Jessica stopped by on their way to the movies. They were going to see Monster House. I wonder how it went. Nick has been playing on the computer all day but he did do his chores and bring out his laundry. He's going to miss the computer when school starts. Yesterday it rained and today it was too hot to go to the park, boo.
I was craving something spicy and fried so bad today and remembered something my ex mother in law used to cook but could not remember the name of the recipe. Luckily my friend Tommie knew what it was, it's Scrapple.
2 cups pork, cooked and diced finely (but not ground as is usual)
3 quarts of broth from cooked meat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sage
1/8 teaspoon marjoram
Freshly ground pepper
3 cups cornmeal
1 cup barley
Boil pork in 4 quarts water; drain (keeping 3 quarts of broth). Chop meat, but do not make it too fine. Bring reserved broth to a boil and add seasonings. Stir cornmeal and barley into boiling mixture along with the meat. Cook slowly in a heavy pot for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into loaf pans and chill. When cold, slice 1/4-inch slices and fry in hot fat until quite brown and crisp (most scrapple is not crisp enough). Serve with tomato sauce and Blue Flower Omelet or alone with maple syrup.
Doesn't sound too healthy but I have the fried food craving thing going on. We rarely ever eat fried food, maybe I'm remembering when I was a teenager and Gramma used to fry coffee cake slices in bacon grease for me. That was some sort of comfort food and I'm in a comfort food sort of mood. She spoiled me so much and I never gained a pound.
After the movie I sorted laundry and put a load of socks in to soak overnight. We have tons of laundry to do and Casey is coming over tomorrow. So we will be busy.
Time for bed and bath.
Goodnight

2 Comments:
Hey mom, its me, The movie....Ehhhh, how do I put this? It was rated PG, but it had Adult kinda content in it. One of the kids and police suggested Drugs, the babysitter's boyfriend drank alcohol, and he also called her a ... Prude....
I KNOW, OMG! There was a woman 2 or 3 little girls next to me, and you would never guess what they asked. Yep, they asked her what *the P word* meant. I was like, I wonder how Mommy feels about this movie now.
Anywho, to continue, it was WAYYYY to scary for kids, young kids especially, to watch. I screamed myself a few times....Lets just say, you'd have to see it to know what I mean. You also have to think like a child at the same time. I found it a VERY INAPPROPRIATE movie for young kids.
hey, I figured out what I should do, work with animals AND be a movie critic. I'd get lots doing that.
hmm. interesting. I'm going to bed now. peaceizle. Stephanie
Post a Comment
<< Home