July27 178-38
Landis tests positive
Phonak: Tour winner had high levels of testosterone
Posted: Thursday July 27, 2006 10:16AM; Updated: Thursday July 27, 2006 11:58AM
LONDON (AP) -- Tour de France champion Floyd Landis tested positive for high levels of testosterone during the race, his Phonak team said Thursday on its Web site, raising questions about his victory.
The team suspended Landis, pending results of the backup "B" sample of his drug test, just four days after Landis stood on the victory podium on the Champs-Elysees, succeeding seven-time winner Lance Armstrong as an American winner in Paris.
The Swiss-based Phonak team said it was notified by the UCI on Wednesday that Landis' sample showed "an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone" when he was tested after stage 17 of the race last Thursday.
Healthy Living
Taking prescription medications to help lower cholesterol and manage blood pressure can be one part of a comprehensive heart health regimen. However, a new study in the Journal of the American Heart Association concludes that even the most powerful drugs should be supplemented with healthy diet and lifestyle change. According to researchers, even those patients who take prescription heart medications can further lower their risk of heart disease by 57% through positive lifestyle change. Researchers recommended regular exercise, drinking in moderation, avoiding tobacco products, and cutting refined sugars and saturated fats.
3pm - Nate has taken me to PetSmart to buy a light for the turtles. I feel free when I ride in his car. He let the windows down and the wind blowing in was so great!! I love his little red sports car. I cleaned the turtle tank after he brought me home. What a nice young man Jessica is dating. He opened the car door for me, helped me in and out of the car and even held my hand in the store.
4pm - Nick has gone to Nate's house and Steffi has gone to Sam aka Samantha's house so I am here with the critters and craving something salty. Today I started the juice fast though so eating is out. I drank tea this morning and 2 bottles of lemon juice, palm syrup and ceyenne pepper mixed together with filtered water. All week I've drank lemon juice, maple syrup, and ceyenne pepper mixed together with filtered water instead of breakfast and lunch but I did eat dinner and some blueberries or strawberries for a snack. Tonight I'm skipping dinner and snack and just doing the juice. I like doing juice fasts, they feel good.
It rained so heavy today the TV got knocked out. It's back on now so I think I'll go see what's on.
Today on TV I saw the most amazing story about Mark Tatum He nearly lost his life to a rare fungus and the show was about how the doctors had given him a prosthetic face, just amazing.
The juice fast went very well today even though I was on a munchie binge for a couple hours I managed to get through it. I wasn't hungry, just munchy. The kids were very helpful and easy to please so dinner wasn't a big deal.
5pm - Sam came over to visit for a while and the girls played dressup. We watched TV and didn't go to the park cause it is too wet.
11pm - I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams.
Phonak: Tour winner had high levels of testosterone
Posted: Thursday July 27, 2006 10:16AM; Updated: Thursday July 27, 2006 11:58AM
LONDON (AP) -- Tour de France champion Floyd Landis tested positive for high levels of testosterone during the race, his Phonak team said Thursday on its Web site, raising questions about his victory.
The team suspended Landis, pending results of the backup "B" sample of his drug test, just four days after Landis stood on the victory podium on the Champs-Elysees, succeeding seven-time winner Lance Armstrong as an American winner in Paris.
The Swiss-based Phonak team said it was notified by the UCI on Wednesday that Landis' sample showed "an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone" when he was tested after stage 17 of the race last Thursday.
It's RAINING Here!!!!!!!!!
Healthy Living
Taking prescription medications to help lower cholesterol and manage blood pressure can be one part of a comprehensive heart health regimen. However, a new study in the Journal of the American Heart Association concludes that even the most powerful drugs should be supplemented with healthy diet and lifestyle change. According to researchers, even those patients who take prescription heart medications can further lower their risk of heart disease by 57% through positive lifestyle change. Researchers recommended regular exercise, drinking in moderation, avoiding tobacco products, and cutting refined sugars and saturated fats.
3pm - Nate has taken me to PetSmart to buy a light for the turtles. I feel free when I ride in his car. He let the windows down and the wind blowing in was so great!! I love his little red sports car. I cleaned the turtle tank after he brought me home. What a nice young man Jessica is dating. He opened the car door for me, helped me in and out of the car and even held my hand in the store.
4pm - Nick has gone to Nate's house and Steffi has gone to Sam aka Samantha's house so I am here with the critters and craving something salty. Today I started the juice fast though so eating is out. I drank tea this morning and 2 bottles of lemon juice, palm syrup and ceyenne pepper mixed together with filtered water. All week I've drank lemon juice, maple syrup, and ceyenne pepper mixed together with filtered water instead of breakfast and lunch but I did eat dinner and some blueberries or strawberries for a snack. Tonight I'm skipping dinner and snack and just doing the juice. I like doing juice fasts, they feel good.
It rained so heavy today the TV got knocked out. It's back on now so I think I'll go see what's on.
Today on TV I saw the most amazing story about Mark Tatum He nearly lost his life to a rare fungus and the show was about how the doctors had given him a prosthetic face, just amazing.
The juice fast went very well today even though I was on a munchie binge for a couple hours I managed to get through it. I wasn't hungry, just munchy. The kids were very helpful and easy to please so dinner wasn't a big deal.
5pm - Sam came over to visit for a while and the girls played dressup. We watched TV and didn't go to the park cause it is too wet.
11pm - I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home