1-1 173
Happy New Year!!! Steffi asked me when I'm gonna start my blog up again so I guess today would be a good day, lol. Christmas is over, and we had a nice one.
We did not make any New Year plans, I didn't know if Steffi would be able to stay awake, and no she conked out early, though I think she was trying to make it til midnight. We had a little toast with her and Nick tonight to make up for it. She also wanted to color her hair, and it's a lot redder than the picture here. It's stunning and fun.


And here are a bunch of hats I loomed from a pattern I made up myself. The lamb is for Jessica once I sew it's leg back on. I have another lamb for Terry to take to work but no picture of it yet. All the hats were knitted on the green kk 36 peg loom
My hat is 2 strands of TLC Amore garnet and two strands of Frosting iced white for the brim, one strand of frosting for the pattern. The brim is ewraps.

Terry's hat is one strand of Wooleze thick and quick garnet and one strand Jiffy black for the pattern. The brim is 24 rows of garter stitch. The scarf was knitted with flat needles. I made a matching scarf for his brother Mike.

Steffi's hat 2 strands Frosting, purple and one strand JoAnn's exclusive Beautiful black. The top is flat stitched. The brim is ewraps.
2 strands Frosted white and one strand JoAnn's exclusive Beautiful Black. The brim is 20 rows ewraps, then cuffed.
Nick's hat, 2 strands homespun camo and 1 strand Jiffy Black for the pattern. The brim is 3 rows ewraps then cuffed, then ewrapped the rest.
Jessica's hat 2 strand Frosting white, 2 strands Bliss Cotton Candy, 1 strand baby bolche used with some bliss for the pom pom. The brim is ewrap 3 rows, pull one stitch over 2 loops, then do a purl row under the two stitches. The remaining rows are ewraps.

Lamb pattern from the Loom Class. 2 strands Frosting, 1 strand Jiffy Black. Body made on the blue kk loom, head made on a 20 peg wooden loom, legs made as flat panels on the blue kk loom.
And this hat I used a pattern that makes little bowties in the stitching, the pattern is for flat panels but I adapted it to a hat. I wish the camera didn't flash out the shadows, this hat is really neat. The pattern link
http://isela.typepad.com/looming_crafts/2006/08/a_miniblast_fro.html
And there is a video too.
http://loomknit.com/libustvi.html
Amy sent me the yarn, I can't remember the name of it.
I am off to bed. Happy New Year!! I miss you dad, hope you are enjoying your trip.
We did not make any New Year plans, I didn't know if Steffi would be able to stay awake, and no she conked out early, though I think she was trying to make it til midnight. We had a little toast with her and Nick tonight to make up for it. She also wanted to color her hair, and it's a lot redder than the picture here. It's stunning and fun.


And here are a bunch of hats I loomed from a pattern I made up myself. The lamb is for Jessica once I sew it's leg back on. I have another lamb for Terry to take to work but no picture of it yet. All the hats were knitted on the green kk 36 peg loom
My hat is 2 strands of TLC Amore garnet and two strands of Frosting iced white for the brim, one strand of frosting for the pattern. The brim is ewraps.

Terry's hat is one strand of Wooleze thick and quick garnet and one strand Jiffy black for the pattern. The brim is 24 rows of garter stitch. The scarf was knitted with flat needles. I made a matching scarf for his brother Mike.

Steffi's hat 2 strands Frosting, purple and one strand JoAnn's exclusive Beautiful black. The top is flat stitched. The brim is ewraps.

2 strands Frosted white and one strand JoAnn's exclusive Beautiful Black. The brim is 20 rows ewraps, then cuffed.

Nick's hat, 2 strands homespun camo and 1 strand Jiffy Black for the pattern. The brim is 3 rows ewraps then cuffed, then ewrapped the rest.
Jessica's hat 2 strand Frosting white, 2 strands Bliss Cotton Candy, 1 strand baby bolche used with some bliss for the pom pom. The brim is ewrap 3 rows, pull one stitch over 2 loops, then do a purl row under the two stitches. The remaining rows are ewraps.
Lamb pattern from the Loom Class. 2 strands Frosting, 1 strand Jiffy Black. Body made on the blue kk loom, head made on a 20 peg wooden loom, legs made as flat panels on the blue kk loom.

And this hat I used a pattern that makes little bowties in the stitching, the pattern is for flat panels but I adapted it to a hat. I wish the camera didn't flash out the shadows, this hat is really neat. The pattern link
http://isela.typepad.com/looming_crafts/2006/08/a_miniblast_fro.html
And there is a video too.
http://loomknit.com/libustvi.html
Amy sent me the yarn, I can't remember the name of it.
I am off to bed. Happy New Year!! I miss you dad, hope you are enjoying your trip.

6 Comments:
Excellent hats! Okay I want to see what Steffi's new hair looks like :) LOL LOL
your hats look great and I love the lamb..
Happy New Year and it is going to be a better one for you!! Great work you are doing with the hats. Interesting to see how girlie the female ones are and the rugged look for the guys. Love the color of Steffi's hair - it is so rich looking.
Hey Mom What's up?
long time no update :p
happy almost febuary! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home