Oct29
Don't belt me Amy, but I cried about your cancer. I couldn't help myself. Who hears their best friend since highschool has third stage lymphoma and doesn't feel scared? I worked on and off all day making you theeeee perfect chemo hat, but I think in the morning I will rip it out again and start over. I want it perfect.
This is what Amy told me she has....
extra nodal (outside the lymph nodes)
Non-Hodgkin's Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Stage 3.
14.8 cm mass (softball size) in the anterior
mediastinum or behind the breastbone pressing on the
arteries and veins connected to the heart increasing
my heart rate and shutting off the air flow to the
lower lobe of my left lung; blood clot in upper left
arm caused by impaired circulation, thus the swelling;
small mass in upper lobe of right lung; golf ball size
mass on right kidney; small mass on tail of pancreas;
small mass on right adrenal gland; tiny mass in left
eyeball causing my double vision; tiny growths too
small to measure throughout chest cavity. Apparently
the lymph nodes attract infection and mine were
working overtime! (Which is good. I'm not complaining.
Lymphoma is totally treatable.)
So please when you say your prayers tonight say one for Amy. I wish you could read the whole story of her chemo and hospital stays.
Terry Nick and I watched The Omen tonight. Steffi had already seen it. Yuck, it was scary.
Terry made pancakes for lunch today and Steffi made red beans and rice for dinner. I did most of the laundry.
And now we need to sleep. Goodnight. God Bless You Amy!!
This is what Amy told me she has....
extra nodal (outside the lymph nodes)
Non-Hodgkin's Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Stage 3.
14.8 cm mass (softball size) in the anterior
mediastinum or behind the breastbone pressing on the
arteries and veins connected to the heart increasing
my heart rate and shutting off the air flow to the
lower lobe of my left lung; blood clot in upper left
arm caused by impaired circulation, thus the swelling;
small mass in upper lobe of right lung; golf ball size
mass on right kidney; small mass on tail of pancreas;
small mass on right adrenal gland; tiny mass in left
eyeball causing my double vision; tiny growths too
small to measure throughout chest cavity. Apparently
the lymph nodes attract infection and mine were
working overtime! (Which is good. I'm not complaining.
Lymphoma is totally treatable.)
So please when you say your prayers tonight say one for Amy. I wish you could read the whole story of her chemo and hospital stays.
Terry Nick and I watched The Omen tonight. Steffi had already seen it. Yuck, it was scary.
Terry made pancakes for lunch today and Steffi made red beans and rice for dinner. I did most of the laundry.
And now we need to sleep. Goodnight. God Bless You Amy!!

2 Comments:
Prayers and best wishes to Amy. Cuddles for Amber from the court bunny!! Keep up the knitting, I will be going to bed early after a long, long day sitting around waiting for the case to start.
Love TCEileen
Oh, Amber I am so sorry to hear about your best friend Amy. I will definantly keep her in my prayers.
Post a Comment
<< Home