Saturday, October 28, 2006

Oct28

It was a long quiet Saturday and we did next to nothing. Sweet Steffi did make my bed. It's so nice knowing when I go to bed it will already be made. Thank you honey. She also crocheted a scarf for my snowman. Cool, you're a kewl kid.

I loomed on the red piece a lot today and accidentally dropped one thread and one whole stitch but was able to pick them both up. I'm really excited cause it takes of bit of concentration fixing garter stitches. You have to hold the crochet hook one way for one stitch and pull the yarn through then the other way for the next stitch. It's really hard to explain. But once you figure it out it's easy.

Terry and Steffi are watching Pride and Prejudice. The watched the original version Friday night. I did not want to watch the remake again even though it is a good movie. I didn't watch the original because it wasn't captioned.

I made chili pie for dinner and corn. We talked about the drought in Australia and the freeze and wonder how all the immigrants will eat if there is no food? I wish we could send Eileen some bananas. I brought up the Pangaea again since that's the only thing I've learned lately and Terry brought up the fact that the earth has two crusts. Nick felt ill that he learned something on Saturday. Steffi ate her chili pie but only cause Daddy made her.

I think today was Chrissy's birthday. Happy birthday puppy.

Here's some drop stitch recovery pictures to help me remember how I did it. First is the dropped stitch. I am holding it with the crochet hook.



First you need to follow the loops up to the peg and gently pull them off down to the dropped stitch.




There are two sets of ladders, one is the purl stitch and one for the knit stitch.



To pick up the purl stitch I need to have the crochet hook under the ladder. Hold the yarn loop that's on the hook and gently pull the ladder through. To do the knit stitch hold the hook so the hook end is pointed away from you. Reach the hook down below and pull up the knit ladder, make sure you grab the right yarn.



Keep going, pull this last loop over the peg.



Hurray I did it. Gently pulling the stitches around the repaid evens them out.

Repeat for the dropped thread.








Tomorrow I will take a picture of what I have finished so far. The knit purl tip is so amazingly fast. Why did I ever do anything else?

Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mom, Nate and I were wondering...if we got you some pink yarn, could you make me a cute pink hat I could wear up to PA for Christmas wear it and show off what my mommy does? And it could have a cute little ball on the top?...I guess kinda like the red one I saw you wearing that one day I came over, except I want pink. That would be soo cool, I would just need to know what kind of yarn to pick out, so if you could let us know.
Oh! btw, its was Chrissy's birthday party, but I got stuck babysitting, so yeah, no birthday party, BUT her birthday-birthday is HALLOWEEN!!! How neat!!!
Love ya!
jessi
p.s. did you get my e-card?

Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Looming Looney said...

Amber I am so jealous of you. I have a missed stitch on a scarf i am making now and didn't know how to fix it and DREAD the F word "frog it" so i kept going. I will save your instructions about how to fix it. so for my next goofup, and i'm sure there will be some, i'll try to correct.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a few more weeks to Christmas and by then bananas will be cheap and I will buy a big bag of them and eat and eat and eat and eat. Yeh, lovely thought!! On jury service tomorrow so won't be around until late. Have a great day.
Hugs

Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger Amoonsinger said...

Great, just what I tell people, practice picking up a dropped stitch and you will benefit from the learning. Nice tutorial on it.

MaryJeanne

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home