Oct27

Here we have the Good Morning Girls catching a ride to school with Terry. Good morning Girls, heehee.
I am making something on the yellow kk loom. Maybe I will put it on the table as a decoration, it's just a huge garter stitch panel. I'm really loving the garter stitch right now. I used 3 strands of fine yarn held as one. It is the beautiful red yarn Anita sent to me. But I was so frustrated this morning when I found a slipped thread. Note to self, stop working on the loom when your eyes are tired!!
My choices were to frog it and start over again or to fix it with a crochet hook. Let me tell you it was tricky but I did it. Can you see the slipped thread in the white oval below? I didn't skip a whole stitch, just one of the threads.
First of all I had to unpeg the whole column of stitches down to the missed thread. Then using a crochet hook I hooked the yarn. It took a bit of twisting the hook back and forth to make the knit pickup and then a purl pickup but as you can see it did happen. You have to give yourself permission to believe it will happen. I just hope I don't slip any more threads. Because it took a lot of concentration and putting a lot of dollars into the cussing jar.
Jessi and Nate stopped by this morning and we played with the dogs. It was sure nice to see you Jessica, oh nice to see Nate and Chrissy too.
Tonight Terry, the kids and I watched Over the Hedge. This movie is so cute and funny. Go read the plot summaries, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327084/plotsummary
The squirrel reminded us of Penny and the huge dog yelling PLAY PLAY reminded us of Midget. So if you see the movie you will know what two of our dogs are like.
I did 2 minutes on the cross trainer this morning and 15 minutes on the exercise bike. I did it while watching JAG. And after lunch Terry took me to the commissary. I needed my sunglasses today, it was cloudy but bright. It is still very wet outside but not raining.
Have a lovely weekend.

1 Comments:
What a great job you did picking up that spare strand of wool. The days here are sunny with no hint of a cloud or rain. Two weeks ago we were complaining about the heat and now for the last two days the mercury has gone down to zero over night. In our region there are lots of orchards with fruit and nut trees and vineyards with acres of wine grapes and many of them have been wiped out by the unseasonable frosts. The early heat brought them forward further than normal and now the frosts have damaged the crops. Food is going to be very expensive in the coming months with the drought coupled with this latest disaster.
Keep looming. Hugs
Post a Comment
<< Home