July31 175-37
Ok, so going out to eat last night wasn't the best idea but I only picked at a few bites of food and enjoyed it. I should have stuck with only watermelon, heehee. I did get sick when we got home and that kinda hurt. Back on juice this morning and loving it.
It was really nice having Terry home last night. I fell asleep with his hand on my back. He found the cutest orange cones for each of us, Jessi's says I Hope I Grow Up To Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am, Steffi's says Drama Queen, Nick's says To Err is Human, To Really Mess Things Up Requires A Computer and my cone has the sign language handshape for I Love You. Terry really got it right for each of our favorite things. He also bought me a tiny teddy bear that looks alot like the teddy bear he bought me before he left. AWWW.
We spent all day doing stuff. They all got haircuts at the mall and look fantastic. Terry has ring around the hairline from his amazing tan. The ladies at the salon thought Nick was 16 years old, he's only 13, he's so TALLLLLL. I ate a pretzel and some chicken wings. Bad me.
Here are the pictures from RAGBRAI 2006. As told by Terry












The first night we camped next to a church. We had spaghetti dinner and pie. On night 3 we had a big thunderstorm and slept in a church. Night 5 it drizzled a little bit.





















And then he came home! You can click on the images to see a larger view. Tomorrow Terry goes back to work and in 9 days the kids start school and Jessica has a birthday.
Hugs
It was really nice having Terry home last night. I fell asleep with his hand on my back. He found the cutest orange cones for each of us, Jessi's says I Hope I Grow Up To Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am, Steffi's says Drama Queen, Nick's says To Err is Human, To Really Mess Things Up Requires A Computer and my cone has the sign language handshape for I Love You. Terry really got it right for each of our favorite things. He also bought me a tiny teddy bear that looks alot like the teddy bear he bought me before he left. AWWW.
We spent all day doing stuff. They all got haircuts at the mall and look fantastic. Terry has ring around the hairline from his amazing tan. The ladies at the salon thought Nick was 16 years old, he's only 13, he's so TALLLLLL. I ate a pretzel and some chicken wings. Bad me.
Loading up, getting ready to leave Louisiana.

Day 1 getting ready to ride in Sergeant Bluff, Iowa.

Mike and Shawn.

Forming up in a column of 2 riders abreast, 102 riders in the Air Force team.

The crowd at Bronson where we got breakfast.

Chris cakes!! All you eat.

Maybe this is team Cow.

Welcome to Bronson.

Coming into the second town. Wall to wall riders.

This was either the second or third town.


The Nuns on the Run. And they were entertaining.

The first night we camped next to a church. We had spaghetti dinner and pie. On night 3 we had a big thunderstorm and slept in a church. Night 5 it drizzled a little bit.

Small town offering water and ice pops for refreshments.

Day 2 Manning, Iowa. We stopped for really good strawberry rhubarb pie. And suffered in the hills and headwinds.

Day 4 Newton Iowa, Lance Armstrong speaks to the crowd after riding.

Another picture of Lance, the crowd was HUGE. I actually saw Lance in his SUV but the camera was out of batteries. He waved at Shawn and me.

Day 5 wear yellow day, the Air Force wore retro jerseys.

Same town, we stopped for Chris Cakes again. Best breakfast.

Uniform of Robert E Wagaman at museum in Lynnville.

Bridge outside museum.

Wagama's Mill Museum in Lynnville. I gave the museum an Air Force cycling team coin.

The Mr. Pork Chop Bus, a good pork chop place.

Day 5 rolling hills.

Tender Tom's turkey legs.

I had stopped to help Diane from team Super Hootenanny with a flat tire and snapped these riders going by.

Miss Pigalicious Victor Iowa.

The Banana Guys in Ladora Iowa.

Old barn between Ladora and Marengo Iowa.

The last day waiting to ride in to Muscatine Iowa as a group.

Dipping my front tire in the Mississippi River.

Members of the Air Force team dipping their front tires at the Mississippi River.

Riders at the Mississippi River Muscatine Iowa.

And then he came home! You can click on the images to see a larger view. Tomorrow Terry goes back to work and in 9 days the kids start school and Jessica has a birthday.
Hugs

1 Comments:
Hey Mom, Tell dad I loved the pics. They were real good pics.
Oh, also, My cone said:
"Lord, Help me be the Person my Dog thinks I am."
Post a Comment
<< Home