August11 177 36

Meet Steffi's baby Lurge. I just love to squish his tummy and make him squeak. heehee. So while walking Midget I notice a huge gray cat in a tree about 10 feet away from us and since Midget has not noticed the cat yet I think to myself that we'll get through this moment. We are now 5 feet from the tree and Midget has still not noticed the cat, the possible chew toy, the reason Mom's arms get pulled regularly out of their sockets. 4 3 2 feet, we are one foot from the tree with the cat in it. I am confident we'll be able to walk past without incident. The cat will stay safe in the tree, Midget will not have to tear after it, possibly pulling the leash from my hands or worse my arms from my body. A 70 pound dog who loves to chase fuzzy things is not a situation you want to meet every day especially near a 4 lane highway. BUT WAIT, we are one foot from the cat who is now screaming down the tree and running right in front of Midget's nose. I have one second to think "ut oh" and "brace yourself." Midget takes one second to think KILL THE FUZZY! It all happened so fast, the brace, the ears perk up, the alligator sized jaw opens and prepares to inhale, and wisely the cat runs down a nearby storm drain. Midget says Drain? fergetaboutit and we walk along as if nothing happened. Nothing but my heart racing.
I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch. It's very hot outside. We did try to find a workbook Steffi needs for school. I ended up paying $15 for a $6 dollar book by going to Amazon.com. Thank you 3 day air delivery. Tonight I saw her studiously sitting at her desk doing Geometry. She loves school and looks so good studying!! The girls had to walk home from school today cause the bus is too crowded. It is too hot to walk 4 miles. Luckily they only had to walk 2 miles and got a ride the rest of the way.
The cable internet connection is really slow. They said to unplug it and plug it back in. I'll try that later, it's not exactly in a convenient place.
Terry bought me some more yarn today to knit him and Jessi a scarf. I am knitting one for Steffi right now. I wonder if Nick would use a scarf.
Anyone else want a scarf? I love to knit. I'm a knitwit. heehee.
I had soup for dinner and now I'm off to knit and sneeze. Has anyone seen the camera? I seem to have lost it again.
hugs, Goodnight

4 Comments:
hehe. nice
hehe. nice
hehe. nice
like my commets? I don't know where the camera is though
Post a Comment
<< Home