Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sept13 174

Yippee I'm back!! For short posts anyway. I have dryeye and if I don't constantly keep my eyes moist I get ulcers on them. Usually it's one eye or the other that gets infected but this time it was both eyes. At the moment only sunlight and the computer are bothering my eyes, but I'm knitting, well practicing knitting and I can have a bright light turned on behind me so I can read and watch TV. They dryeye is caused from my tear ducts not working since the second brain tumor surgery in 1996. I guess that the cranial nerve associated with tear ducts doesn't regenerate after injury. Perhaps I wouldn't make a very good gecko since I don't seem to grow replacement parts heehee.


The big news is of course Terry installing a new faucet, his first big home improvement project. He did very well, we love our new faucet. Hey notice the poison ivy on his arm? He did all that hard work while his arm is killing him.


I didn't take many pictures last week, but I have some to share.

Jessica and Nick

Stephanie and Sam

My Dad caught a 40 pound catfish, whale!

Jessica's dog Chrissy


Yesterday was my Mom's birthday. I love you Mom!

We went to the movies last Sunday matinee and saw the film Invincible which we loved. I totally enjoyed it and had no idea what the story line was but I was ready to jump up and cheer at the end of the movie.

Plot Summary for Invincible

From the producers of "The Rookie", this inspiring sports movie will star Mark Wahlberg as a Philadelphia Eagles fan who has just lost his wife and his teaching job. He decides one day to show up for an open tryout for his favorite NFL team, only to see his wildest dreams come true.

Last night we took the kids to Hamel beach. It's actually a stretch of clay sand along the Red River where they've cut down all the trees. I bet the guys who used to fish there love everyone tromping in the water, heehee. We did roll up our pant legs and walk in the water.

Nick just did good on his midterm report. He came home all depressed and I said let me have your report and is it bad and he nodded his head yes. But it wasn't bad, he was teasing me, it was GOOD!! Way to go Nick.

Steffi is home from school today with a sore throat. If it stays this sore she can go to the doctor tomorrow. She is asking for dinner so maybe she feels better. We'll see how she feels tomorrow.

Terry and I are doing a juice fast. He's actually cheating and eating apples and oranges along with the juice but he has lost 8 pounds!! Maybe he will get into the habit of eating more fruit instead of ice cream. I ate some blueberries today, I was craving them so bad last night that I decided I needed them.

And now I really need a break from the computer. I sure missed everyone. Goodnight

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you, glad your eyes will let you do a little bit. Congrats. to Dad on his catch.
Hugs TCEileen

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a big fish grandpa!!!
Yay!!! Mommy's back! I love you so much moma! kisses!
You are so lucky! I have been nagging nate to take me to go see Invincible ever since it first came out in theatres. GRRRRR! I didnt read the story line cause I want to see it. Now Im gonna have to tell him he'll have to take me now cause you guys got to see it and really liked it...isnt Mark Wahlburg a cutie? He sure is to me!

Love you mommy, and hope you feel better soon.
XXXOOO,
~jessica

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! By the way, Tell Daddy I said I hope he finds his 8 pounds, LOL! Just kidding, but could you tell him I said Congrats.
love you guys sooo much!
~jessica

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home