Thursday, November 16, 2006

Nov16

First of all, we are ok Dad. The wind did blow, but all it did was knock over the basketball hoop, tear a branch out of tree and blow the back door open. The patio is now full of leaves and it is cold but the fence is still standing. It must have been quite a wind to blow open the back door. I was sitting at my computer and the back door banged open hard and the dogs and I jumped.

Today I slept from 9am til 3pm, I guess dancing for 4 hours last night really wore me out, I was already wore out from the TSO concert. Last night the Def Leppard concert was awesome, a real dream come true!!


Recap of last night ~ Terry dropped us off at the stadium at 6:30pm. The doors were open which was good since it was 32 degrees and rather windy. Steffi and I gaped at all the people and then went in search of Rick. He's a supervisor that works there and we used to go to the same church. Rick told Terry he would seat us, so we didn't have to deal with the stairs. With my lack of depth perception concrete stairs really worry me. Rick told Steffi to use the elevator and meet him on the ground level which was kinda exciting and I was just a bundle of happy nerves. He told one of the two gatemasters that we were with him but the other didn't hear so when we walked through she grabbed me and I freaked but it was funny. I suppose she probably politely asked me to show my ticket and I politely ignored her. Deaf people do politely ignore people who talk to them.

We got our seats in order, first row on the first level off the floor and the place was filling up. Even the upper deck was full!! The lights went out and a country band played, then the lights came on again and more people came in.


The lights went out and Journey came on stage and played the National Anthem and 2 hours worth of songs. Steffi got bored, she isn't a Journey fan per se. The guy next to her gave her a tease and told her to smile. She blushed all over herself and cheered up.


The lights came on and we knew Def Leppard was next so we were already screaming and bouncing around. When the lights went off again everyone was screaming and on their feet. I couldn't get over how many people had Def Leppard shirts. One guy gave me a thumbs up for my vintage rocks shirt. A boy Steffi goes to school with had the same concert shirt as her.


We danced and sang for 2 more hours. Love Bites my favorite song played during the encore and Pour Some Sugar on me which is Steffi's favorite song played last. We hung around after the concert and a usher helped us out to the elevator and then we had to find Terry.


What a wonderful wonderful night. The boys went to see the new movie with Will Farrell and they had fun too.

Today it is still cold but I slept through most of it. I did do some knitting on the shawl I am taking a knitting class online. I'm pleased with how it is turning out. This is 2 skeins of yarn so I am half way done.


I read to Nick for an hour tonight. Steffi didn't have homework but we watched Everwood and Law and Order CI.

I'm really tired. Love to my kids and hubby and parents and friends....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are REALLY good pictures of you guys and of the concert. Im glad you and Steffi had fun, and Im also glad you are okay...I was afraid you'd have a heart attack from being SOOO close to the stage, lol, j/k. I love you mommy! Maybe this weekend I can nag Nate to bring me over. :D hehe!
Hugs and Kisses from Nate and ME!

Friday, November 17, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home