Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sept24 10

Happy Sunday. Terry took some time off the computer tonight and watched football with me. I was soooooooooo glad, I miss him.

We did go grocery shopping today and tomorrow we need to go to the other store to pick up a cake for Steffi.

Tonight Steffi and I made mashed potatoes with cinnamon. They are so yummy. Here's the recipe. We will cook the onions in the morning and add the pine nuts, then she is taking it to school for extra credit in Geography class. We're going to make this again for Christmas.

Batata Melousseh bi Senobar (Mashed Potatoes with Butter and Pine Nuts)

2 pounds mealy potatoes
Salt
6 tablespoons butter
1/3-1/2 cup milk
Pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons pine nuts

Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water till tender. Mash them, beat in butter and milk, and season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Fry the onion in oil till golden, add the pine nuts, and let them brown.

Serve the mashed potatoes hot, spread flat on a platter, with the onion and pine nuts on top.

Serves 6-8.

From "The New Book of Middle Eastern Food" by Claudia Roden

I couldn't find any pictures that knocked my socks off so I guess I'll go read. Nice talking to you today dad.

Happy early birthday Steffi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home