5-29
AHHHH the month winds down, I have a couple pictures from this weekend. Terry and the kids were home for the long 4 day weekend so it was a nice houseful of family.
Friday morning Terry and I went on a long walk on the dirt bike trail next to the river. We started out walking to Shreveport/Barksdale bridge and ended up at the boat launch which is the opposite direction. I'm glad Terry was there, I would have been hopelessly lost in those woods. I now know I won't be walking those trails by myself, heehee. And next time we walk, bring water! Clouds started moving in and we didn't do much in the afternoon.
Saturday we planned to bike ride but the wind had picked up to 14mph and that was the end of the bike plans. Looking at the map below you see the 50 mile route. Last week we started at the college, the red dot and rode to the first rest stop. That was our goal for this week too, but the wind got in the way. You can click on the image to see a bigger view.

Since we couldn't ride we decided to go to Lowe's a make another flowerbed, this time for Steffi's petunias. And Terry moved my giant elephant ear from the back yard to the front yard under the huge live oak. This elephant ear has lived with us through 3 different houses. And I've already asked if we'll be digging it up when we move again. Terry said not possible, but I can still hope, maybe put it in a planter this fall and the point will be moot.
After working so hard we took the kids to the new CiCi's pizza and then we went to Barnes and Nobles for new books and then to PetSmart for a new electric yellow cichlid. Now I have 4 yellow cichlids, 3 snails, a pleco and a molly in my 30 gallon tank.
Sunday it was supposed to rain and it did rain in Dallas, just not in Shreveport. We decided to take the kids to see Pirates, at land's end. The best part was the little bit after the credits. The worst part was Davey Jones sticking his beard down a guys throat. The movie is 168 minutes - I wish I had stayed home but I wanted to be with the kids. Steffi screamed and cried when Will - well I won't give away that part.
I finally have the stitch I want for this pink yarn. I'm making an afghan on the Infinity loom. I'll post the instructions on the other blog when I finish the afghan. This is stitching up so fast it's like a mile a minute afghan. This is one day's work! 2 skeins.

This is a hotpad I finished. I made the stitch up myself. It's two knit stitches and a slipped stitch of sorts. I'll write the pattern up for this too. The front and the back don't match but they each have their own pattern. Simple and fast.


I think I forgot to post this, it's Nick's afghan. It fits a king size bed, done on the Infinity loom and took 20+ days to loom. I started over 2 times til I got a stitch pattern I liked. I will post the pattern for this too. It's soft.

Before I forget to mention it, I've been working on a needle knit afghan using Wool Ease thick and quick yarn. The stitch is named faggot stitch, very simple knit one, yarn over, knit two together. Very fast and very simple and I love the result. I have one panel done in the color wheat and I've started the second panel. There are 54 stitches in each panel. Yes I could have used the round needles and did all the panels at once but the round needles hurt my hands, the flat needles make the project more enjoyable. It's knitting, it's supposed to be fun. It's not a war with the yarn.


Monday we went on a bike ride to the river, you can see the clouds. They block the sun but they don't offer much water.

~UPDATE~
It rained Monday night, the kids played on the trampoline. How did we know it had started raining? DirecTv went out, but the cable is still working, yay!!
The wind was pretty stiff but it felt good to ride. I rode so fast down the hill I couldn't recover and rode right off the bike path. It's amazing the river is high enough that the beach is closed off. Where you see my bike is a patch of land that connects the beach to the mainland. It's not very deep, we walked across it.

On the way home my bike tipped over and I couldn't release my feet from the clip pedals fast enough to catch myself so I ended up on my left side which is still sore and bruised from Midget knocking me down.
It's time to go knit, or do laundry or something, heehee.
Friday morning Terry and I went on a long walk on the dirt bike trail next to the river. We started out walking to Shreveport/Barksdale bridge and ended up at the boat launch which is the opposite direction. I'm glad Terry was there, I would have been hopelessly lost in those woods. I now know I won't be walking those trails by myself, heehee. And next time we walk, bring water! Clouds started moving in and we didn't do much in the afternoon.
Saturday we planned to bike ride but the wind had picked up to 14mph and that was the end of the bike plans. Looking at the map below you see the 50 mile route. Last week we started at the college, the red dot and rode to the first rest stop. That was our goal for this week too, but the wind got in the way. You can click on the image to see a bigger view.

Since we couldn't ride we decided to go to Lowe's a make another flowerbed, this time for Steffi's petunias. And Terry moved my giant elephant ear from the back yard to the front yard under the huge live oak. This elephant ear has lived with us through 3 different houses. And I've already asked if we'll be digging it up when we move again. Terry said not possible, but I can still hope, maybe put it in a planter this fall and the point will be moot.
After working so hard we took the kids to the new CiCi's pizza and then we went to Barnes and Nobles for new books and then to PetSmart for a new electric yellow cichlid. Now I have 4 yellow cichlids, 3 snails, a pleco and a molly in my 30 gallon tank.
Sunday it was supposed to rain and it did rain in Dallas, just not in Shreveport. We decided to take the kids to see Pirates, at land's end. The best part was the little bit after the credits. The worst part was Davey Jones sticking his beard down a guys throat. The movie is 168 minutes - I wish I had stayed home but I wanted to be with the kids. Steffi screamed and cried when Will - well I won't give away that part.
I finally have the stitch I want for this pink yarn. I'm making an afghan on the Infinity loom. I'll post the instructions on the other blog when I finish the afghan. This is stitching up so fast it's like a mile a minute afghan. This is one day's work! 2 skeins.

This is a hotpad I finished. I made the stitch up myself. It's two knit stitches and a slipped stitch of sorts. I'll write the pattern up for this too. The front and the back don't match but they each have their own pattern. Simple and fast.


I think I forgot to post this, it's Nick's afghan. It fits a king size bed, done on the Infinity loom and took 20+ days to loom. I started over 2 times til I got a stitch pattern I liked. I will post the pattern for this too. It's soft.

Before I forget to mention it, I've been working on a needle knit afghan using Wool Ease thick and quick yarn. The stitch is named faggot stitch, very simple knit one, yarn over, knit two together. Very fast and very simple and I love the result. I have one panel done in the color wheat and I've started the second panel. There are 54 stitches in each panel. Yes I could have used the round needles and did all the panels at once but the round needles hurt my hands, the flat needles make the project more enjoyable. It's knitting, it's supposed to be fun. It's not a war with the yarn.


Monday we went on a bike ride to the river, you can see the clouds. They block the sun but they don't offer much water.

~UPDATE~
It rained Monday night, the kids played on the trampoline. How did we know it had started raining? DirecTv went out, but the cable is still working, yay!!
The wind was pretty stiff but it felt good to ride. I rode so fast down the hill I couldn't recover and rode right off the bike path. It's amazing the river is high enough that the beach is closed off. Where you see my bike is a patch of land that connects the beach to the mainland. It's not very deep, we walked across it.

On the way home my bike tipped over and I couldn't release my feet from the clip pedals fast enough to catch myself so I ended up on my left side which is still sore and bruised from Midget knocking me down.
It's time to go knit, or do laundry or something, heehee.

2 Comments:
nice job on all your work Amber
Amber are you OK, i use to read you blog all the time but it hasn;t been updated since may 2007, at least thats what showing when i go to you blog. did you get a new blog. if so i would love to see the loom knitting items you've been working on. i haven't seen you active in any of the loom knitting groups either.
email me tonya5015@yahoo.com
tonya
Post a Comment
<< Home